So You’re Tired of Amazon?
If you’re reading this, then you have come across the decision to delete your Amazon account, for whatever reason. Well, that’s okay! We have listed a guide on how to effectively get rid of all ties with Amazon.
Continue reading to learn more on how to make this possible.
There could be a plethora of different reasons why you may want to delete your account. Maybe you don’t agree with the business practices of the company and no longer want to support them. Or, perhaps you are tired of your information being available on the internet. Whatever the reason, it’s ultimately your decision to discontinue any further use of Amazon.
With that said, you may continue to read along if you are sure to delete your account.
Take a minute to read over the following:
Before you make the decision to delete you Amazon Account, you may want to consider the following: You will lose more than just a simple profile or email. Not only are you giving up access to your profile on Amazon, but also any service related to the account.
With that being said, here is everything you will lose, once you do decide to delete your account:
- First of all, you will no longer be able to access any of your Amazon accounts. This also includes and accounts from other country domains.
- Additionally, you will lose any access you previously had to ALL digital content which was linked to your account as well. These would include any music, apps, ebooks, Amazon Prime, and anything else.
- The ability to use any Amazon gift cards or vouchers will be denied.
- Any items previously bought through the account will no longer be refundable or able to be returned.
- Also, you lose the ability to initiate and Textbook Rental returns. Therefore, you will be held responsible for any debt or rentals.
- Games & Software Library content will be inaccessible.
- All review, posts, comments, or any other content you’ve made on social will be removed effectively.
So, make sure you have made the final decision to get rid of your Amazon account, without a doubt. If you are ready, you can follow along to learn how to delete Amazon account immediately.
Here is the moment you have been waiting for. Let’s explain how to delete your account. There is a good and bad side to making this decision. The good side – it’s completely possible to have your account discontinued and removed permanently. The bad side – there isn’t a direct way for you to do this, without contacting customer services first.
Meaning, there are a few procedures which need to be done to effectively get your account removed from Amazon’s systems.
Follow along with your own computer if you wish to have this done immediately.
- First, head to the Amazon website and visit the Help section on the bottom of the home page.
- Next, you’ll need to scroll to the bottom options which says Browse Help Topics. From there, select Need More Help? And then, you can choose the Contact Us option available.
- At the top, you will have the option Prime or Something else. Pick this one.
- If you continue to scroll down, there will be another option which says, Tell us more. Select Login and security from this. Now, you can see Close my account. Pick this one.
Delete Amazon Account by Phone
Choosing this option will have the customer support directly call you. You will be prompted to give your phone number. No worries, after giving this information, you will be shortly contacted by a member of the Amazon customer support team. Follow their instructions to continue with your deletion process.
Choosing e-mail will open a new window. You will be asked for the reason behind why you want to delete your account. Complete this form with a short message to the team and send it. Afterwards, you should receive a reply from the Amazon team within 12 hours of sending your message. Within this reply should be instructions on how to delete your account, effectively.
Finally, the last option is through online chat. A new window will pop up. You will need to give a reason why you want to chat with an associate of Amazon. After stating your reason, the associate should get back to you shortly.
If everything goes well, you will receive a deletion email confirmation. Once you have read and agreed with the conditions, confirm the email and your account would have been successfully deleted.
These are the three different ways you can contact with the team in order to remove your membership.
We’d like to say, “That’s all there is to it.” But, there ae quite a few steps involved with removing your Amazon permanently. This is due to safety precautions. It’s very easy for someone to access your account these days. Considering the amount of technology readily available for people.
Therefore, the team behind Amazon need to make sure with absolute certainty that you are the correct person and you have given consent to delete your account. Otherwise, they will not be able to approve such a request.
If you can manage through all of these procedures, there should be no problem. Patience is key. You took the time to create your membership with this service. And now, you will need to spend just as much time trying to get rid of it from your devices.